Upcoming Events!!

  • Valentine's menu!!****
  • We Love Lunch****
  • Tuscan Table Fridays..every Friday evening 7pm Reservations Required!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sisters...Couples...Friends..White Chocolate & French Toast!!





The Bistro celebrated it's 1st ever Valentine's Day Brunch & Dinner. I wasn't able to celebrate at The Bistro, as my little one would have been screaming, and that wouldn't have spelled ROMANCE or LOVE for any one involved. Not only did The Bistro go all out for dinner but they created a brunch after receiving requests from customers. Because that is how The Bistro rolls...customers ask...and they receive. The owners of Sister's Boutique located in Exton, enjoyed the brunch with their family, and the chefs were quite excited to cook and create such a wonderful event and memory for them.

Dinner was filled with romance, flowers, food, and LOVE. It wasn't a night only for couples, but it was also a night filled with the celebration of LOVE of friends, family and singles who felt The Bistro was a great place to celebrate and meet new friends. Now for the food! One of the night's biggest hits was the Tilapia and Jumbo Lump Crab, followed by the Chocolate Mousse, but the real fireworks in your mouth moment was the....drum roll please...White Chocolate with Orange Zest & Dessert French Toast topped with strawberries. Oh I can feel my waist band expanding as I type. No wonder GAP loves me, I keep buying new jeans after writing these blogs.

So now that we covered how The Bistro celebrated Valentine's Day...let's talk about the holiday itself. We go from The Turkey Carving to The Christmas Rush to The New Year's Champagne Toasts to being faced with a holiday that celebrates............... a feeling...LOVE. I think Valentine's Day is the only holiday that does that, celebrates how we feel. Think about it. We celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Easter, and the such for religious reasons. Memorial Day, 4th of July etc, we celebrate to honor our country and service men and women. Halloween, St. Patrick's Day and many other holidays we celebrate fun whimsical characters and ancient beliefs. But Valentine's Day we celebrate a feeling...LOVE. It's kind of cool when you think about it. All the bad things that happen, and all the sad moments in life, we get a day that is about LOVE. We love people every day of every year but on this one day we feel the need to celebrate it above all other days. We go out and buy cards to say I Love You. Guys buy big boxes of heart shaped chocolates, and flowers. We make reservations to fancy restaurants and get all dressed up to celebrate LOVE. And women say every day that flowers are a waste of money, don't bother, but I love flowers, the more flowers I receive, the happier I am. They could be on every windowsill and every table in my house and I still would want more. They are amazing. I feel good when flowers are in my home. Check out all of Jillian's flowers! Lucky girl!! Honey if you are reading this...keep the flowers coming!



Some say they hate it. Their reasons vary from being single, to having bad past relationships that haunt them or stalk them depending on the guy or girl. Another big reason I hear is that it is too materialistic. I think most holidays are materialistic, but is that so bad? Is it bad that businesses go all out to make things for you to buy to say I love you? Because really would you have done it without being told to? Would most people do it on their own? Is it bad that restaurants make special entrees just for this one night? Wow, I am still thinking about that Dessert French Toast. This year with our daughter we did take out from a local restaurant and it was a 70 minute wait. I guess I think that means business is booming and that is good in this economy!

Some like myself get drunk on the romance and the bubbly we call Valentine's Day. I have come to enjoy it, more so now that I have my own family. I like celebrating LOVE. The love of my husband, my daughter, my parents, my family. I haven't been alone since I was 16 on Valentine's Day so I have to admit I am one of the lucky ones, and I guess I am pretty biased. It helps me remember that all the hard times I have throughout the year, LOVE conquers all and it is worth celebrating.
Next blog....if you are a single woman and looking for a Valentine of your own all year round....check it out. The Bistro is helping a local executive find LOVE!!! Interested in more and can't wait for the next blog...email us ourtownexton@aol.com for more information about how you can get a date with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment