Upcoming Events!!

  • Valentine's menu!!****
  • We Love Lunch****
  • Tuscan Table Fridays..every Friday evening 7pm Reservations Required!

Friday, July 16, 2010

Kevin Mengel Jr Benefit Month...Reminder & Follow Up


From someone who didn't personally know Kevin, I have been so extremely touched at the generosity of The Bistro's customers. After reading stories, hearing memories, and sharing personal moments from some people through email, I feel as I know Kevin a bit without ever haven met him in person.
Starting in July we deemed the entire month Kevin Mengel Jr Month and for those who came in and mentioned his name, we would donate 50% of the bill to Kevin Mengel Jr's Children's Trust Fund and also would give the patron 50% off their bill.
I can't stress enough how positive this benefit has been. I hope we can continue to raise funds for this family. We have been very pleasantly surprised by a visit by Kevin's father and I must tell you, that truly put an entirely new emotional connection to this event for all of us. I again this morning received an email from a friend of Kevin's, thanking us for what we were doing. Is it wrong that I really felt like thanking him? For allowing us to be a part of this, and for allowing us to help these children? I feel so lucky to do something, small in the scheme of things but at least I hope meaningful non the less.

So please continue to come in and help raise money for Kevin's children. So many of you have refused the 50% discount off your meal, but we have saved those funds and will be donating them to Kevin's fund too!

I will update everyone a the end of the month with the total funds raised.

Thank you again and never forget to "Pay it Forward"

For more details about this event please visit:

Kevin Mengel's Benefit Month


~Ally Wilson
www.thebistroatourtown.com

No comments:

Post a Comment